- On Air
- Music News
- Calendar of Events
- Support WERS
- About WERS
- You Are Here
- AP Awards
November 29, or Black Friday, marks the annual event that Record Store Day participants will organize, releasing exclusive record titles just for the day. Record Store Day is typically an annual April holiday taking place the third Saturday of the month but has recently expanded to incorporate the American tradition of unique limited special editions all across the best centuries of music.
Originating in 2007, Record Store Day encompasses a community of approximately 1000 independent record store owners across the globe. The organization unifies various promotional products and exclusive material of hundreds of artists specifically for the April holiday and Black Friday. Although special offers of vinyl and CD releases are sold for and on these days, the organization spotlights the participating stores in special releases and promotions themselves, some of which being Massachusetts’ multiple Newbury Comics around the state.
Below is a brief list of some of the special releases highly anticipated for the upcoming day:
• Atlas Genius: So Electric! When It Was Now (The Remixes) LP
• Elvis Costello & The Roots: Wise Up: Thought Remixes and Reworks EP [CD]
• Band of Horses: “Live at the Ryman” 7″
• Tegan & Sara: “Guilty As Charged” b/w “I Run Empty” 7″
• Nirvana: In Utero LP (Steve Albini remix/remaster)
• Metallica: Through The Never Soundtrack Special Edition LP
• Foals: CCTV Sessions LP
• Flaming Lips: Peace Sword EP [Ender's Game soundtrack]
• Duran Duran: No Ordinary EP
• Bob Dylan: Side Tracks 3xLP rarities comp
• Civil Wars: Between the Bars 10’’ Vinyl
• Dawes: Stripped Down at Grimeys
Record Store Day represents the gathering of the unique culture of independent record selling and ultimately brings forward a larger community of music lovers all across the globe. The full list of all RSD exclusive releases can be found here.