WERS Hub Day Wednesdays

hubday_tileHere at WERS we already have On The Verge Tuesdays and Throwback Thursdays. And now we are proud to announce a brand new weekly segment…

Hub Day Wednesdays!

Boston is popularly known as the “Hub of the Universe” and WERS is keeping tabs on native and local Boston musicians. Every Wednesday afternoon at 1:15pm tune in to hear music from three artists who are either currently local to Boston or are originally from the Hub.

Be sure to tune every Wednesday for Hub Day Wednesday featuring  right here on 88.9!

9 Responses to WERS Hub Day Wednesdays

1. Hub Day Wednesday is a great idea! I would also like to hear songs like Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) by John Lennon and A Thousand Years by Christina Perry. I think these are beautiful songs that would fit nicely with WERS’ playlist.

I have been listening to WERS for about 6 months now (happened upon it during a temporary job) and I love this station. Your music is great – NO COMMERCIALS!! – keep up the good work.

I have just started an new job after 14+ months of unemployment. When I get caught up on all my bills from the past 14 months, I will be sending a donation to WERS.

Thank you for a great station I can listen to all day while working!

Susan April 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM Reply
    • Hi Susan,

My name is Anthony– I’m the Music Director for WERS. Thank you so much for all of your feedback! Will definitely be looking into those songs for Hub Day. We appreciate your support, and keep on listening!

Best,
      Anthony

Anthony July 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM Reply
  2. Sounds like a perfect time to start playing The Ballroom Thieves. Great local folk band.

Dave May 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM Reply
    • Hi Dave,

I’m the Music Director here. I agree! They’ll be featured in an upcoming Hub Day feature. Thanks for commenting!

Best,
      Anthony

Anthony July 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM Reply
  3. Think What time is it Mr Fox would be a great addition. They have sold out Club Passim, Oberon and are playing at the Shalin Liu next week.

Kat Mandoo May 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM Reply
    • Hi Kat,

My name is Anthony– I’m the Music Director for WERS. Will definitely look into Mr. Fox! Thanks for the suggestion and coming to the website.

Best,
      Anthony

Anthony July 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM Reply
  4. Here are some suggestions for Hub Day – Morphine, Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers, Scruffy the Cat, passion Pit, The Cars, The Neats, Boston, Tracy Bonham, the Pixies, Eli Paper Boy Reed, Barrence Whitfield and the Savages

Brett W. June 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM Reply
    • Hi Brett,

My name’s Anthony– I’m the music director here.

Thanks so much for the submission! Expect to see some of these artists pop up in upcoming Hub Day features. Thanks for listening and checking out the website!

Best,
      Anthony

Anthony July 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM Reply
  5. I have two, I think, excellent suggestions for Hub Day, both have great CD’s but get, really, no radio play:
    Merrie Amsterburg (Jamaica Plain) 1st 2 albums all original material, 3rd her take on classic Americana.
    Bird Mancini (Roslindale) hugely talented couple, original and interpretations.

Michael Cornish August 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM Reply