- On Air
- Music News
- Calendar of Events
- Support WERS
- About WERS
Dada Life, an up and coming Swedish Electro House duo, is definitely a group that should be watched. Dada Life consists of Stefan Engblom and Olle Corneer, two crazy characters who make sure their shows are unforgettable with their giant banana inflatables, champagne inflatables, and enormous energy. Dada Life have been around in the Electronic Dance Music circuit for a few years now, but really took things to the next level with their hits “Kick Out the Epic, Motherf**cker” and “White Noise/Red Meat” in 2011. Now, in 2012, they’ve released another hit, “Feed The Dada”, which seems to have a more mainstream feel that you could easily hear in the clubs. In addition to their hit songs, Dada Life has headlined for North America’s two largest electronic dance festivals, Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival.
Dada Life is known for their crazy energetic sets, and for those of you who got to see them DJ last night on September 26th, I’m sure you can agree with me. Dada Life’s first notable tour was with Tiesto in 2009-2010 on his Kaleidoscope World Tour. They played a crazy show at Avalon in Los Angeles on November 5th , 2010. It was so oversold that people were on the streets and the club couldn’t handle the huge crowd. In 2011, Dada Life headlined for Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, Nevada. At this show, they drew a huge crowd and surprised their fans with a 25-piece marching band to go along with their DJ set.
In May 2011, the group released their first plugin, called the Sausage Fattener. Being well known for their greasy sounds, they came up with a universal plugin that works on a single channel with moderate settings as a brick-wall compressor. The Sausage Fattener has been used by big name DJS including Tiesto, Kaskade, Chuckie, Diplo, Laidback Luke, Hardwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dirty South, Angger Dimas, Zedd, Adam K, John Dahlback, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, and many more.
Dada Life comes to the Electronic Dance Music scene with their own philosophy and their own set of rules, entitled THERULESOFDADA. Their philosophy is, “Destroy dance music and have fun. Don’t look back in the past. Always go forward. Don’t think too much. Always follow the money. Do the Dada. The result? Big tunes, no frills.” Dada Life is very successful at embodying this philosophy in every way, including at their shows, in their songs, and photoshoots. THERULESOFDADA, also listed in various tweets by the duo, are as follows:
- “Never Bring your brain to a rave.
- Doing the “airpiano” on stage while looking up in the air? Never. The “heart sign” with both your hands? F**K NO.
- Tickle-punch-tickle-combo. Happy Violence!
- Cheating is winning.
- If you’re stuck, there’s only one solution: go harder.
- If you only need one word to describe a song in the studio… then it’s done!
- No bananas on the rider? Then we do our two hour deep/tech house set. Everything under 118 BPM.
- PLUR = Potassium Lust Unity Rage
- Arriving beautiful – leaving ugly.
- Beautiful music = boring music. At least today.
- Never BBQ before a gig.
- If you don’t want to get wet, you don’t want to have fun.
- Bass don’t cry.
- Changing underwear at the club is cheating. Even for the members of Dada Life.
- Never bring your brain into the club.
- Art should be loud as fuck.
- Always kick out the epic mother**ker. Always.”