First Annual A Cappella Jamboree
The First Annual A Cappella Jamboree will be happening this year, on September 7th in the Arts at the Armory in Somerville! MassWhole Notes, Boston Accent, No Parachute, Redline, and a mysterious guest group will be performing. All of these groups are Boston A Cappella favorites, as well as some of my favorites to play on All A Cappella.
Just so you know a bit more about the performers:
- MassWhole Notes started in 2010. The group is based out of Cambridge and currently consists of singers Caroline Alden, Ari Fleisher, Aaron Gunning, Ivy Hest, Claire Higgins, Julie Kron, Paula Miller, Daniel Ruben, and Joe Zito. They are semi-professional.
- Boston Accent is based out of the North Shore. The group is made up of Cheryl Brusket, Karen Rourke, Ruth Berman, and Julie Jeffrey.
- No Parachute is a large group, consisting of Keri Boisclair, Becky Vinci, Jill Stewart, Rebecca Blum, Melissa Consalvo, Melissa Hinkle, Megan Kettmann, Leah Smith, Danielle Hurley, Emily Parker, and Megan Flynn. The group has been into WERS twice over the summer — once for an interview on All A Cappella and once for an in-studio performance — and both times we were charmed by the members and impressed by their talent!
- Redline is another large group, but it consists of 12 male performers! The group started in 2007 and has been performing in and around Boston ever since.
- As for the mystery group– who knows! But judging by the rest of the performers, I would bet on it that they are going to be awesome.
For more information on the First Annual A Cappella Jamboree, visit Boston.com. I hope to see you there!
By Kali Rohrbaugh
If you liked this, check out:
This Week In Music History
Concert Watch: September 7th-September 9th